Nordic AI Popup live In search of search - making search engines visible
Recording från 26 May 2021
The basis of every search engine is a structured copy of the web. This fundamental infrastructure is very expensive to develop and maintain. Google dominates the search market and has a large influence on all parts of society. Is there a need to challenge its dominance?
We present the current situation and raise the question about who should be responsible for maintaining the search engine indexes.
When: 26 May kl 19.00 to 20.45
Speakers and panelist
- Amelia Andersdotter, Chair dataskydd.net
- Jutta Haider, Swedish School of Library and Information Science
- Dirk Lewandowski, Professor of Information Research and Information Retrieval, Hamburg University of Applied Sciences and affiliated to the Pufendorf Institute for Advanced Studies at Lund University
- Olof Sundin, Department of Arts and Cultural Sciences, Lund University
- Kalle Åström, Lunds universitet
Moderator: Johan Wester
- Sydsvenskan.se Opinion: Sweden should pursue the issue of an open web index internationally, by Dirk Lewandowski, Jutta Haider and Olof Sundin. In Swedish 25 May, 2021
- How an Open Web Index Could Help Solve the “Search Problem" by Dirk Lewandowski & Olof Sundin at Medium.com
- In Search of Search and its Engines, a theme at The Pufendorf Institute for Advanced Studies at Lund University